Credencial de Peregrino: A pilgrim's passport.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cizur Menor to Puente La Reina

I walked today with my shoe lace untied to avoid ankle pain. Seemed to help. It was a short day (only 19 km). The first part ascends 1,000 feet to a hill with windmills. These are modern windmills, so I´m not sure what Don Quixote would have made them out to be. They were certainly giant. We left Cizur without eating or coffee, and came to regret the lack of fuel as we climbed to the ridge some 7 km later. At the top we were treated to little chorizo sandwiches and the worst coffee I have ever had, but drank it down eagerly.

When we reached Puente La Reina, we were treated to the sight of storks nesting on the top of the cathedral. The town is small, but we were able to find a bar to have salad and beer -- joined by our new Italian friend Dimitri.

The schedule of walking, eating, sleeping is such a simple one. I feel like I could do this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment