Credencial de Peregrino: A pilgrim's passport.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bugos- A Rest Day

We arrived in Burgos via the most lovely park thanks to the advice of a Spanish cyclist. All the other pilgrims conttinued to follow the ever present yellow arrows to what they described as the most boring ten kilometers ever.Many opted to take the bus.

Burgos is a nice place to rest a day. We took an opportunity of thebigger city to get me some new shoes. They are a bit larger than my normal size due to the swollen, blistered left foot. I  sent my boots home with Heidi.

There is a fantastic cathedral that we thought was niceer than Notre Dame. I attende the mass with other pilrims and this time understood more about the significance of the rituals.

My fellow pilgrims all left yesterday while I stayed behind with Heidi  to see her off on the bus to Madrid. It is strange to say goodbye after spending so much time with one person. While today I begin my journey alone, I will never really be alone. We never walk alone. This, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment